With a job at Aidsfonds – Soa Aids Nederland, your talents and your involvement come together. More than 150 highly motivated people work at our office in Amsterdam. Aidsfonds is the Fund Management Agent of the Robert Carr Civil society Networks Fund and the host of the Fund’s Secretariat.
The Robert Carr civil society Networks Fund
The Robert Carr civil society Networks Fund (Fund), launched in July 2012, is an innovative pooled funding mechanism designed to support global and regional civil society networks worldwide in their response to HIV and needs of marginalized groups. Men who have sex with men, people who use drugs, prisoners, sex workers and transgender people are disproportionately affected by HIV and experience systematic human rights violations due to discrimination, exclusion and criminalization. The Fund aims to strengthen HIV civil society to ensure access of marginalized groups to health, justice and funding.
The founding contributing donors to the Fund are the UK Department for International Development (DFID); Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD); the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR); the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation; the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria and the MAC AIDS Fund. The donors and civil society organizations designed the Fund in partnership, which is embodied in the Fund’s governance structures i.e. International Steering Committee (ISC) consisting of both representatives of civil society and donors and Program Advisory Panel (PAP), made up of experts from civil society. To strengthen the Fund’s Secretariat we are looking for an experienced
Finance Officer/Project Controller
(32-36 hours per week, with some flexibility in availability during peaks and lows)
The position is 100% dedicated to the Robert Carr Fund and reports to the Fund Director with support from the Finance Department. In collaboration with the Fund Director, the Finance Officer works to support the functions of the budget and accountability committees of the International Steering Committee (ISC).
Tasks & responsibilities
- Review and assess grantees’ annual budgets, financial reports, audits;
- Review payment requests and liquidity forecasts from the grantees and prepares/processes grant disbursements and payments in collaboration with Program Officers;
- Monitor for risks of corruption, fraud and mismanagement (CFM) and engage with the ISC accountability committee, Aidsfonds finance department and Fund Director, to prevent and manage CFM cases;
- Collaborate with Program Officers to assess and monitor grantees’ compliance with financial and audit requirements per contractual agreements;
- Advise and support Program Officers in grants and CFM closures;
- Develop and adjust budget/financial reporting templates, formats and logs as an integral part of grantees’ annual reporting and monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL);
- Develop and communicate clear financial planning and reporting guidelines, procedures and audit requirements to the grantees;
- Perform monitoring visits to the grantees in collaboration with Program Officers.
- In collaboration with Program Officers, perform regular financial health scans/checks, propose and implement capacity building workshops/trainings in financial management to the grantees and RCNF staff (including with support of external consultants);
- Conduct regular teleconferences and/or Skype to provide support to grantees with budgetting, financial reporting, audits etc. as needed.
Overall Financial Management
- Develop and operationalize a currency fluctuation policy and practices;
- Ensure compliance of RCNF financial management policies, procedures and standards with those of the Aidsfonds and Dutch regulations;
- Prepare for and support the annual RCNF project audit;
- Prepare all relevant financial information on the RCNF for Aidsfonds annual audit;
- Draft RCNF’s annual budget under the guidance of the Fund Director, monitor and prepare quarterly expenditure overviews for the Fund Director and the ISC budget committee;
- Prepare quarterly liquidity forecasts and prepare financial information to facilitate timely donor disbursements to RCNF;
- Prepare timely financial reports to donors under the guidance of the Fund director;
- Draw up internal budgets, prepares internal project reports and contributes to the annual accounts.
Your salary is between € 2,517 and € 4,069 gross per month (at 36 hours). You will be offered a fixed term contract of one year after which the contract can be extended in combination with good performance and provided sufficient financial means.
Requirements and competences
- A completed financial economic education at university level, minimum 3 – 5 years of work experience;
- Experience in the field of development cooperation and working with international projects;
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of the planning and control cycle;
- Organization talent, good at negotiating, independently acting with authority at various levels;
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills;
- Able to read and understand Dutch.
Working at Aidsfonds – Soa Aids Nederland means working with other professionals to use your talents for a great purpose. We are a low-threshold organization with an open, welcoming and collaborative atmosphere, where the various departments are very involved in each other’s projects.
Aidsfonds – Soa Aids Nederland strives for a diverse workforce with a balanced representation of men and women, ages, sexual orientation and ethnic background. We particularly encourage applications from qualified candidates who are living with HIV and/or from key affected communities.
Call (020-6262669) or mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Head of Project Control Sanne Karrenbeld; ‘Use the address only for information questions’.
Applications will only be processed by sending your application to the website:
Address your letter to Sanne Karrenbeld and add an extensive CV.
Let us know by 26 February 2018 why you are the Robert Carr civil society Networks Fund Finance Officer / Project Controller that we are looking for.
The first round of interviews will take place in week 10.